Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to my new Blog!!!

Here I will discuss the many issues related to the potential inclusion of socio-economic considerations into decision making as related to the implementation of Article 26.1 of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety and national laws, policies and regulations. This discussion cannot be separated from its agricultural, political and environmental context, as well as from those efforts addressing poverty reduction strategies, growth and prosperity building,science and technology and livelihoods in developing countries.

I will address the many issues related not only to biosafety and biotechnology policy and regulatory development but also implementation in developing countries. Furthermore I will examine the cost, benefits and risk from technology adoption and use and from the potential regulatory implementation activities.

Developing countries are now at critical juncture where they needs to decide whether they wants to become a failed states with a bleak future or follow the path of responsible growth and prosperity that strives to be sustainable. We still have time, if we decide to do things the right way. There is no magical medicine and nobody has all the answers, so lets take one issue at a a time and then have the will to do the right thing. Let follow this journey together and learn from each other.
 
Most of the time I will write in English, others in English, occasionally in Spanish. I will normally post every single comment sent to me, but hope that even if you disagree radically from my opinion, that your comment includes the rationale behind your position and the arguments against my own positions. I think this is a fair process.h


No comments:

Post a Comment